The FSCJ Department of Athletics is proud to announce the 2019-2020 Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC). Elected officers are; Chair Shane McCormack (baseball), Co-Chair Joe Hale (men’s cross country), and Secretary Valicia Demeritte (women’s basketball). Other members include; Stephanie Batista (women’s cross country), Aldren Biala (men’s cross country), Haley Bond (softball), Evan Busby (men’s basketball) , Macy Mizell (softball), Leah Mortenson (volleyball), Loro Natana (men’s basketball), Emily Perry (women’s cross country), Eleighseea Rasmussen (women’s basketball), Elizabeth Sandoval (volleyball), and Max Wank (baseball):
The mission of the FSCJ Student Athlete Advisory Committee is to represent and advise in the administration of the BlueWave Athletic Department.
The purpose of the FSCJ SAAC is;
- Generate a student athlete voice
- Solicit student-athlete response to policy changes/revisions.
- Actively participate in the administrative process of athletics programs.
- Promote a positive student-athlete image.
- Promote communication between athletics administration and student-athletes.
- Disseminate information.
- Represent the Department of Athletics at campus wide functions.
- Provide feedback and insight into athletics department issues.
- Build a sense of community within the athletics program involving all athletics teams.
- Help organize community service and fundraising efforts for Athletics.
- Create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees